Things noticed on Day One from the Writer’s Edge conference in Portland:
1) There are a lot of guys named Andy attending. Cool guys named Andy. So much so that I am thinking about changing my name to Andy now.
2) Lily Hoang is a filthy overachiever but she gives awesome hugs so it is impossible to hold anything against her for more than a picosecond.
3) Steve Tomasula and Shane Hinton are handy guys to have around if you cut your foot on a rusty nail and want to avoid a staph infection. Steve carries bandages in his wallet and Shane rolls with a tube of Neosporin.
4) Lidia Yuknavitch has the coolest students up at UW-Bothell. One of them is named Selena. I think I am going to try to adopt her before the conference is over, whether she wants to be adopted or not.
5) Andi and Lance Olsen are losing sleep over their inability to score a 3G iPhone and getting to the Apple Store way too late. It’s a vicious cycle and I am praying Steve Jobs takes mercy on them tomorrow at Pioneer Square.
6) Mia De Bono is still the most awesome writer name I’ve heard in a long, long time.
Here are some photos I snapped earlier today. I’ll post more to the set as the weekend progresses.