C.K. tagged me, so here goes…
1. My favorite guilty pleasure band of all time is New Edition. This is despite the video they made for “My Secret (Didja Gitit Yet?),” in which Ralph Tresvant dreams about playing point for the L.A. Lakers.
2. Unbeknownst to us until much later, my wife and I first met at a daycare center when we were 8 years old. The place was quarantined for the hepatitis-B virus. I caught it, she didn’t.
3. When I was on the high school debate team, my partner and I developed a counterplan to reduce prison overcrowding by releasing one prisoner from the Georgia corrections system. That prisoner’s name was James Brown, The Godfather of Soul.
4. One of my most prized possessions is a chartreuse adidas T-shirt that reads “I Want I Can.”
5. I have a big old sloppy man-crush on Philip Seymour Hoffman, but I wouldn’t turn gay for him.
5a. I don’t have a big old sloppy man-crush on Brad Pitt, but I would totally turn gay for him.